Follow this link for details of the Vitopod Propagator. From £36.95 to 134.95
The Vitopod Propagator is a large heated height-adjustable propagator, a mini greenhouse and a cold frame all wrapped up into one - it possesses a range of high specification features, making it the most talked about propagator amongst gardeners.
It’s official, BBC Gardener’s World still love the Vitopod! Lila Das Gupta rated the product top of her list, she said: “This is simply the best heated propagator on the market. Worth the investment”. Lila made the decision after an intensive year of trialling a huge number of gardening products. BBC Gardener's World, February 2010
Ten great things about the Vitopod
1. Reduce energy use – only heat the plants, not the entire greenhouse. Everyone knows that’s cheaper!
2. Don’t lose your prized plants to the winter – protect the tender plants you spent all summer caring for. If you choose the heated Vitopod you can select any temperature between 5°C – 30°C and keep your plants warm without ‘cooking their roots’.
3. Extend your growing season – keep growing when the weather starts to turn cold by putting even tall plants in a double or triple height Vitopod to protect them from the harsh conditions. Start the season earlier without worrying that the spring might be late - if you start early and spring arrives late just add extra height to the Vitopod and your plants will continue to grow without running out of ‘head’ space.
4. Propagate more successfully – precise temperature control, even heat distribution, large vents for humidity control and a perfect height all combine to make it easy for you to raise great plants from seeds and cuttings.
5. Reduce your clutter – Vitopod helps you propagate, harden off and protect plants through the winter – just one product for three jobs. And it all flat packs away for those rare moments when you’re not using it. That’s great news for your minimalist family members.
6. Look gorgeous – its crystal clear good looks mean that Vitopod looks the part even in the most stylish of homes, so even non-gardening family members won’t mind you using the Vitopod indoors.
7. Stay beautiful – Vitopod is resistant to UV deterioration so it won’t yellow and it’s made from a durable, slightly flexible material so that there’s less risk of it breaking when you drop it on the greenhouse floor or patio.
8. Save money – buy just one product for propagation, hardening–off and winter protection, use less heating and raise plants from seeds and cuttings instead of buying expensive young plants ready for planting out.
9. Have more fun – many gardeners and growers agree that starting plants from cutting or seed is the most rewarding aspect of growing.
10. Raise plug plants more successfully – BBC Gardening expert Steve Brookes recommends that even plug plants should be placed in a protective environment like the Vitopod before planting out so that they can be gradually introduced to life outdoors.
• Offers more control than any other propagator - temperature adjustable to 1°C within a range of 5°C to 30°C
• New and improved thermostat controller with a large display and push button controls
• Add height with layers for the various plant growth stages
• Generously sized air vents
• Several size options available:
• Single Length, Single Layer (50cm L x 50cm W x 24cm H)
• Single Length, Double Layer (50cm L x 50cm W x 39cm H)
• Double Length, Single Layer (100cm L x 50cm W x 24cm H)
• Double Length, Double Layer (100cm L x 50cm W x 39cm H)
• Single Length Height Extension (50cm L x 50cm W x 15cm H)
• Double Length Height Extension (100cm L x 50cm W x 15cm H)